Housing Allowance Reporting

Housing Allowance Reporting

As we approach the end of the year, it is time again for the Vestry or Mission Committee of each congregation to determine a housing allowance for clergy. Any changes that need to be made must be enacted by December 31, 2017 to be effective for the upcoming year, as housing allowances are not effective retroactively.

Housing Allowance Resolution Forms:

- Housing Allowance Resolution Form (With House)
 For a minister whose housing is church-provided

- Housing Allowance Resolution Form (No House)
For a minister who owns or rents his/her home

Available Resources:

- Church Pension Group - Tax Resources
 A webpage full of helpful information

- The 2018 Tax Guide For Episcopal Ministers (for 2017 Tax Returns)

If You Need Further Assistance:

Ms. Nancy N. Fritschner, CPA (1-877-305-1414)
From the Church Pension Group 

The Rev. Canon William Geisler, CPA (ret.) (1-877-305-1415)
From the Church Pension Group

If you need advice or help preparing your tax returns, you may wish to consult a tax professional who is knowledgeable about filing clergy taxes.


If you have any further questions, please contact the Office of the Bishop at 916-442-6918.

© 2013 The Episcopal Diocese of Northern California.

Designed by: Element Fusion