Every Congregation in the Diocese of Northern California is expected and encouraged to conduct an Annual Ministry Review as outlined in all clergy Letters of Agreement:
The Rector and Vestry agree to an annual discussion and mutual review of the total ministry of the congregation. It is suggested they engage a third party to facilitate the Mutual Ministry Review (MMR). The results of this review will be reported in writing to the Bishop/Ecclesiastical Authority. The purpose of this review is to:
1. Provide the Clergy and Vestry with the opportunity to assess how well they are fulfilling their responsibilities to each other and to the ministries they share;
2. Evaluate goals set at the previous mutual ministry review;
3. Establish goals for the work of the congregation for the coming year;
4. Isolate areas of conflict or disappointment that have not been resolved and may be adversely affecting mutual ministry; and
5. Clarify expectations of all parties so that future conflicts may be diminished or avoided.