St. Mark’s Preservation Square

By Claudia East, Secretary, Yreka Preservation It was in the spring of 2011, following the closure of the 1880 historic St. Mark’s Episcopal Church in Yreka that the Episcopal Diocese of Northern California began the process of gifting the property to the Yreka Committee for Historic Preservation, a non-profit corporation. Preservation was pleased to work with Lynn Zender, representing the Diocese, before, during and following the final transfer of title to the property.