Have you submitted your video in the Make Your Mark video contest?
Share your work around the Five Marks of Mission
from The Episcopal Church Office of Public Affairs
Have you entered your video in the Make You Mark video, sharing your congregation’s or diocese’s examples of local ministry and work of the Five Marks of Mission?
Uploading local videos to the Make Your Mark video contest is easy – look here.
And, don’t forget to vote for your favorite video in the contest. Voting is open until July 5, and the videos receiving the most votes will be featured at a special showing at General Convention 2012.
To share your video visit: www.episcopalchurch.org/page/making-your-mark.
To vote for your favorite video visit: www.episcopalchurch.org/making-your-mark/contest/vote
Five Marks of Mission
Acknowledging that the mission of the Episcopal Church is the mission of Christ, the Five Marks of Mission are foundational for the many mission activities underway by congregations, dioceses and individuals.
The Five Marks of Mission, developed by the Anglican Consultative Council and adopted by the General Convention in 2009, are:
• To proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom
• To teach, baptize and nurture new believers
• To respond to human need by loving service
• To seek to transform unjust structures of society
• To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth
More ways to be part of the action
• “What's your mark? When you were marked as Christ's own forever at your baptism, did you ever wonder what mark he put on you?” Take this fun quiz to find out and learn more about the Five Marks of Mission on the Episcopal Church Facebook page: www.facebook.com/episcopalian
• Get your t-shirt at the Domestic and Foreign Missionary Society booth at General Convention and proudly wear your favorite Mark of Mission!
Thu, June 14, 2012
by Thea Mangels filed under