When disaster strikes, the Office of the Bishop coordinates delivery of the bins where needed. The materials which make up each bin are donated by members of participating congregations and packing can be a community event to build cohesion within the congregations. Once deployed, the congregation would then restock their inventory to ten bins for the next disaster.
Project (Re)Start is designed to do the following:
• Inspire congregations to join forces in the ministry
• Prepare for disaster response
• Respond to disasters in a meaningful way, with clearly identified needs
• Establish a ready reserve of supplies without draining local communities during a disaster
• Help those in need across the diocese