Every Congregation in the Diocese of Northern California is expected and encouraged to conduct a Ministry Review as outlined in all clergy Letters of Agreement:
The Rector and Vestry agree to an annual discussion and mutual review of the total ministry of the congregation. It is suggested they engage a third party to facilitate the Mutual Ministry Review (MMR). The results of this review will be reported in writing to the Bishop/Ecclesiastical Authority. The purpose of this review is to:
- Provide the Clergy and Vestry with the opportunity to assess how well they are fulfilling their responsibilities to each other and to the ministries they share;
- Evaluate goals set at the previous mutual ministry review;
- Establish goals for the work of the congregation for the coming year;
- Isolate areas of conflict or disappointment that have not been resolved and may be adversely affecting mutual ministry; and
- Clarify expectations of all parties so that future conflicts may be diminished or avoided.
For assistance in locating an MMR consultant, or for MMR resource materials, please contact the Interim Part-Time Canon to the Ordinary, The Rev. Julie Wakelee.