- The New Hire Form must be completed for all employees and returned to the Office of the Bishop.
- Review this Safety Manual and keep a signed copy of the receipt in the employee’s file.
- Complete the W-4 Employee Withholding form as required by the IRS. This form must be retained in the employee’s file at the congregation.
- Complete the I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification form as required by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. This form must be retained in the employee’s file at the congregation.
- Ensure Employees are Enrolled in the Church Pension Fund. Both clergy persons and lay employees scheduled to work 1,000 or more compensated hours per year should be enrolled in the Church Pension Fund.
- Health Insurance Enrollment: All employees scheduled to work 1,000 or more compensated hours per year are eligible for medical and dental insurance.
If your congregation provides State Short-Term Disability Insurance and Unemployment Insurance, these must be given to all employees:
State Short-Term Disability Handout
Unemployment Insurance Handout – For Your Benefit